Online Math Tutor in Canada: University Math for Most Popular Majors
Statistics Canada records show that in 2021, 32.9% of Canadians aged 25-64 had a bachelor’s degree or higher. That’s one in three people. That trend is on the increase. What are students studying in Canadian universities these days?
The University of Potomac‘s analyzed Google search data to find the 3 most popular majors in 99 countries around the world. The results are published in their article, “What the World Wants to Study” Here are the results for Canada:
Did you know that all three of the most popular educational majors have something fundamental in common? They all require students to study and understand university-level mathematics in order to pursue them effectively.
The University Math Courses You Need to Take for Psych, Compsci and Business Majors
I researched the math courses required for admission and graduation for 11 Canadian universities:
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver campus)
- University of British Columbia (Okanagan campus)
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Victoria
- University of Alberta
- University of Waterloo
- University of Toronto
- Queen’s University
- University of Western Ontario
- McGill University
- Dalhousie University
There is a lot of information, but here are the key takeaways:
- Psychology students need to study statistics
- Business students need to study statistics and calculus
- Computer science is based on math. In lower division, students study statistics, calculus, linear algebra, and discrete math. Upper division math courses depend on the specialization chosen.
If you want the full scoop on the math courses for the universities below, you can download the 2023 version of the PDF here.